Terms & conditions
- Tour Prices – The price of the tour packages includes land only or land & flight and are based on tariffs and exchange rates in effect at the time of printing. The price includes DTST’s services as per our prices list inclusions: the tour prices are guaranteed as soon as full payment is received.
- Reservation Deposit and Payment – Since space is limited on all tours, early reservations are recommended. A deposit of 250,00 euros per person is required for all Escorted Tours. No reservation is considered confirmed until a deposit is received. 1.000,00 euros 3 months before arrival and full payment is due 60 days prior to departure. If not received, DTST reserves the right to cancel the booking.
- Ground Transportation -Private deluxe air-conditioned motorcoach or other means of transportation will be provided as specified in the itinerary. No smoking is allowed on escorted tours.
- Accommodation – Hotels are classified by using Italian government ratings. DTST reserves the right to make substitutions with hotels of similar or higher ratings. Accommodations are based on triple rooms, two people sharing a twin – bedded room with a private bath or shower. Single rooms are available at an additional supplement. In many cases single rooms, though assuring privacy, are small and not as well situated as double rooms.
- Meals and Beverages – Breakfast (continental if not specified in each itinerary) daily at your hotel. Lunch or dinner will be provided at selected popular restaurants or hotels, as specified in the itinerary. Water / Drinks are always not included.
- Bed Types and Triple Rooms – Prices shown are based on existing bed types in the room. Requests for specific bed types (twin/double) must be made at time of booking and supply cannot be guaranteed. Triple room rates can apply to either a full sized triple room built to take three beds or to a twin/double room with an extra rollaway bed.
- Sightseeing and Itinerary – DTST provides a complete tour as per itinerary and is under the direction of licensed local guides where required. Entrance fees are included as specified in the itinerary. DTST may extend or curtail the tour because of unforeseen circumstances resulting in changes in transportation schedules, hotel accommodations, local fairs or conventions or other events which may impact your itinerary schedule.
- Luggage and Porterage – Luggage travels are at the risk of the passenger and DTST is not responsible for any delay of, loss or damage to it or its contents. Participants are urged to carry appropriate insurance. Porterage is not included at hotels.
- Hotel Substitutions – We reserve the right to make substitutions with hotels of equal standard. This will be the case when a strong call for a tour program demands additional capacity.
- Tour Manager – As indicated in tour features, a professional English – speaking tour manager will assist you throughout the tour.
- Not Included – Everything not specifically listed on the itinerary but in special: passport, visa, dry – cleaning & valet services, excess or additional baggage beyond the states allowance, all items & expenses of purely personal nature and baggage, accident and any other travel insurance.
- Cancellation by the passenger – Escorted Tours (per person)
1st deposit not refundable
90 – 60 days + 50% of cost
60 – 1 days + 100% of cost
Day of departure/ No show 100% of tour cost
DTST is not obliged to stand behind promises (written or verbal) made by local hotel staff or any other persons under no direct employ by DTST. DTST is not responsible for penalties incurred as a result of a changed or cancelled flight.
- Extensions – Any extensions to the main tour are arranged on an individual basis and are not escorted. A special charge applies to cover costs of administration, phones and fax. While overseas, when you depart on an arrangement on an individual basis away from the main group, you will be responsible for your own transportation to and from the airport or station.
- Responsibility – The operator, its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, including any person or entity employed or utilized by DTST in any country cannot be responsible for events beyond their control such as injury, loss, damage, accident, delay or expense including without limitation, standards of quality, hygiene, sanitation facilities, medical treatment, cuisine, acts of God, war, strikes, incidents of politically – motivated violence, sickness or quarantine, government restrictions or regulations and, in the absence of their own gross negligence, arising from the use or selection of or from any act or omission by any bus or car rental agency, steamship, airline, railroad, taxi or tour service, hotel, restaurant or other firm, agency, company or individual. The operator reserves the right to decline, to accept or retain any person as a member of any tour at any time, and a refund for the unused portion of the tour is the limit of its liability in such an instance. DTST cannot accept the responsibility for hotel overbooking loss or additional expense due to delay or changes in transportation schedule or other causes. DTST reserve the right to make alterations to the itineraries as found necessary. All legal matters related to these terms and conditions shall be directed to and litigated only through the legal system in the city of Como, Italy. DTST is not responsible for typographical or printing errors.
- Travellers with disabilities – As DTST’s vehicles are not equipped to handle wheelchairs, we have no allowance for passengers requiring special assistance (e.g. wheelchairs or walkers) on scheduled tours. Most cruise ships are not handicap – accessible. Travellers who require special assistance are asked to consider the accompaniment of responsible individuals who can provide this help along the tour.
- Insurance – We highly recommend that you purchase adequate and comprehensive travel insurance before departure.
- Refunds & Claims – All requests for refunds or adjustments must be made in writing and received no later than 30 days after the end of the tour. Refunds will be subject to a processing fee of 50 euros plus any hotel and/supplier charges incurred. Claims for unused services should be substantiated in writing by local representatives. Allow six to eight weeks for processing of refunds. No refunds for unused package tour service.
- Passport and Visas – Passengers are responsible for ensuring that they have the proper travel documents (passport or identity card). Passengers must check with the respective consulate or a visa agency to determine whether visas are required or not.